Tuesday, April 6, 2010

To the Zoo!

On Monday, I had the day off and so the kids and I took a trip to the zoo with one of Austin's friends from school (Wyatt). All the kids had a great time; climbing on rocks and posing, seeing many of the animals up close...it was really great.

Austin and Wyatt - hanging out and being cool

Bella is letting us know where she wants to go next!

We were only about 20 feet away from this elephant. I'm not sure how long elephants live, but when I was about 8, I took a trip to the zoo and we got to meet and learn about the elephant Penny...upon her arrival, she tried to escape as the gates were closing. Her right tusk got stuck in the gate and she lost it. If you notice, this elephant doesn't have a right tusk. Could it be her?

Austin posed on the rhinoceros...

...and so Bella had to pose on the Hippopotamus

No comments: