Today I took Austin to his new school (Indian Trails Elementary) for his official Kindergarten screening. He had a wonderful experience which was a total shock to me. Austin is very reserved and shy when it comes to a new environment. I was completely surprised to see him just follow the first teacher to a table. He was willing to communicate openly, didn't need my assistance and never looked backed to see where I was. He was truly a "big" boy!
I think Austin surprised many...not to be the bragging, proud mom, but Austin scored in the 99th percentile for his cumulative score. And to top that off, he was given his 6-digit lunch number; which to my surprise...he already has memorized (along with his phone number and address).
It amazes me how children between the ages of 2 and 5 are complete sponges. As an educator, I'm curious to observe my own children through their education and officially see when the learning window slows down. Or, maybe I'll just hope that with my kids that never happens! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment